Latest News

Kenyan Newspapers Review: Gachagua Moves to Court of Appeal to Block Kindiki’s Swearing-In as New DP


On Monday, August 28, the national dailies widely reported the ongoing impeachment case filed by Rigathi Gachagua.

Top news in Kenyan newspapers
Top news in newspapers today. Photo: Daily Nation/The Standard.
Source: UGC

The dailies also reported on the progress in the Eastleigh murder investigations.

1. Daily Nation

The paper reported that detectives from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) identified the prime suspect in the gruesome murders of three women in Eastleigh.

The victims—Dahabo Daud Said, Amina Abdirashid Dahir, and Nusayba Abdi Mohammed—were found dead in various locations.

As the investigation deepens, authorities have named 24-year-old Hashim Dagane Muhumed as the alleged perpetrator.

“Detectives who are pursuing the gruesome murders of three family members – a mother, daughter and 12-year-old niece – have identified the prime suspect in the monstrous killings, Hashim Dagane Muhumed whose photo appears on this post,” DCI said in a statement.

Read also

Hashim Dagane: DCI identifies prime suspect in murders of 3 women in Eastleigh

According to DCI sleuths, Dagane was “captured on CCTV driving a Nissan Note (Reg No. KDQ 718Y)”, which was seen picking up the victims from their Eastleigh home on October 21, 2024, just hours before their bodies were discovered.

2. The Standard

The publication reported impeached Deputy President Rigathi Gachagua’s move to file an appeal regarding the ongoing ouster case.

Gachagua has filed his application under a certificate of urgency before the second-highest court in the land.

The impeached deputy president wants the appellant court to stop the intended hearing of two applications filed to set aside orders freezing his impeachment and Kithure Kindiki assuming office as his successor

“Pending hearing and determination of the intended appeal, this honourable court be pleased to issue an order staying the proceedings of the High Court in Nairobi High Court Constitutional petition No. E565 of 2024 as consolidated with Kerugoya E013 of 2024, E014 of 2024 and E015 of 2024, Rigathi Gachagua and eight others vs speaker national assembly and 12 others,” reads his application

Read also

Kenyan newspapers review: Uhuru Kenyatta makes public appearance after weeks of absence

He argues that the three high court judges, Eric Ogola, Freda Mugambi and Anthony Mrima, have openly shown their babies by declining to withdraw from the case, hence they will not serve him justice.

3. Taifa Leo

The Swahili paper reported the revelations that President William Ruto’s administration had restored Rigathi Gachagua’s security details.

On Sunday, October 27, the impeached deputy president attended a service in Kiambu County with his bodyguards and was accompanied by many politicians and his wife, Dorcas Rigathi.

“The government has given the Deputy President his bodyguards back, and now I ask the President to reinstate those who were employed in his office and were let go. Justice must be served,” said Kiambu Senator Karungo wa Thang’wa.

The former UDA Secretary General, Cleophas Malala, who also attended the service, confirmed that Gachagua had been given his bodyguards back.

Read also

Rigathi Gachagua snubs summons by DCI over his assassination claims

“Yes, it’s true,” said the former senator of Kakamega.

Source: TUKO.co.ke

Latest News

Themes